Saturday, May 29, 2010

The National - Vanderlyle Crybaby Geeks

I was going to post the new Gord Downie video here but after listening to it I just couldn't help but think that it's just watered down Tragically Hip with a weird movie playing. So I picked these guys instead.

The National is probably something you should be listening to again in the relatively near future. They're talented musicians and tend to put thought into their lyrics. The song "Fake Empire" is one of my top songs of the decade. I haven't been able to give the new album much of a listen yet, but the two songs I did listen to, "Little Faith" and this one below, were both super cool. This particular performance isn't their best, but it does a good job of showing them off as passionate troubadours.


They're from the same city as WKRP!

No comments:

Post a Comment