Thursday, September 23, 2010

Giorgio Moroder - Chase

I was listening to some new wave synth house the other day and and wondered, who really came up with this kind of stuff in the beginning? I can't say I know for certain who the first was, but certainly one of the more influential synth artists is Giorgio Moroder. He won an Academy Award in 1978 for his brilliant soundtrack from the movie "Midnight Express". He later won two more, but I think this track in particular is a good place to start from. My bonus selection today is an sweet release from Laurent Heinrich, aka Lifelike, that was released a full twenty years later in 2008. It's kind of a throwback track that shows us the connection of then and now.


BONUS BEATS!

Lifelike - Discomachine


For more Lifelike, check out this older post.

No comments:

Post a Comment