Monday, November 29, 2010

Egyptrixx - Start From The Beginning

Well some things in life are just strange. Today in one of my daily music feeds I got a track from Egyptrixx... which happens to be the stage name of David Psutka, who I used to play rugby with back in the T-Dizzle with the Balmy Beach. I'd recently wondered what ever happened to him, as he was a very good athlete and thought he might play some higher rep rugby at some point, but here I find himself reincarnated as a producer-performer travelling around using an Akai APC-40, a Kaos Pad, and a keyboard. Wait a second... I've got one of those... and that's what I want to do! Dave is also, apparently, a classically trained pianist. Coincidentally, so am I. Is that weird... or what? Granted it sounds like our musical productions are very different, but it's nice to find one of my peers succeeding at something I always thought could work. Inspiring. This track is more ambient and the music almost secondary, but I have to give props where props are due.

Egyptrixx - Start From The Beginning



Blaze on Mr. Psutka!

No comments:

Post a Comment