Friday, May 13, 2011

Jimmy Swift Band - Astronauts

It's not my fault! Blogger has been down for a while so I couldn't post anything, but we're back in business and I've been on the Twitter thingy in the meantime anyway so check out the side panel for some crazy links.

Today is a bittersweet day. The Jimmy Swift Band, after 10 years of kicking ass all over Canada, have decided to call it a day. This sucks because they are without doubt one of my all-time favourite live acts, and some of my greatest partying memories come from evenings that I attended their legendary shows. That said, Aaron and Craig will still be rocking it with their new(ish) collaboration group, the Scientists Of Sound, so for that we can be thankful. The rain has also stopped in Halifax, finally, at least for now. There's a hint of some sun coming through the clouds, and it's the first weekend I've spent in Hali in some time, so it's time to get my groove on.

This is probably my favourite JSB song, one that has been around since the Fly Jimmy Swift days. Of course the full title of the song is "Astronauts Attempting To Take Off Their Space Suits So That They May Copulate", which is highly appropriate. I've had some mind-blowing experiences during live renditions of this song.

For those interested, I'll be posting some links to old JSB shows tomorrow, pending permission from the band. Now onwards through the fog...

Jimmy Swift Band - Astronauts [Live @ The Marquee]



BONUS JSB MINI-DOCUMENTARY!



Ten minutes of nostalgia from "Live At The Marquee".

BONUS JSB AWESOMENESS!

Jimmy Swift Band - The 80's Runway Model [Live]



From "The Rebirth Of Hooch", a must-have live album.

Check out older JSB posts here and here for more greatness.

No comments:

Post a Comment