Saturday, July 9, 2011

Bon Iver - Calgary

It's funny how our perceptions of time and space change as technology advances our ability to travel and communicate with each other. In the ever-evolving world of the internet, for example, and the recent proliferation of so-called "viral" videos, once something has been around for more than a couple weeks, it's old news. This is the "new" Bon Iver video, but it's been out for almost three weeks now, so maybe it's old too. I don't know. Anyway these guys have been around for a couple years now and have garnered quite a bit of critical acclaim, though admittedly not from me. I've largely ignored them but recently got my hands on this track and thought "hmmm... that's actually pretty good." I've listened to it many times since then, and just found the "new" video for it. If you're already into these guys, you're welcome. If not, you're welcome.


Tonight, the Phoenix. Tomorrow, the river.

No comments:

Post a Comment